Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beaded Clips

BEADS! BEADS! BEADS! Aren't they simply beautiful! Full of colour, vibrant and cheerful to look at!

My Antique Collections:-

Made most of them almost 10 years ago. Notice during that time, the pearl imitation beads were the “in thing”
These are some of the pictures of my humble beads collection. But these are from the earlier years’ collection. I have wooden, glass, and swarovski. Looking at beads

I started buying my beads bit by bit during school days. But I bought the bulk of it when I was working. I used to work to earn my pocket money during school/university breaks and spend quite a bit buying raw materials for my craft interest........


More recent works:-

I still love to dabble with beads on and off. I have so many which I have not photographed. Some of my best works were also given away.
I hope to upload more photos soon so share them with you.




BEADED BRACELETS
The pictures below are made using normal beads.
Recently I have experienced with swarovski and have found them to be more beautiful and shining.





Tips on clasp selection:
Very important with regards to selecting clasps/findings is to select the ones with good quality, ie rust free. It comes with a higher price tag but well worth it. Normal steel ones rust very fast- which is a waste of hard work. Once it rusts, you can no longer wear it out.Not advisable to use magnet based findings: I have made 2 very expensive bracelets and it was lost because the wearer dropped it.








No comments: